Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sis Seafood Palutuan - Seaside Seafood Market - Pasay, Manila, Philippines


 


If you're in Manila, one of the best place to eat seafood is in Seaside Seafood Market.  Is located along Macapagal Blvd in Pasay City and it has probably the most variety of seafood in Manila area.  The set-up here is you buy fresh seafood from the market and choose from the many restaurants lined up in the area where you can have them cooked the way you want them to.  Make sure you scout the market for the best fresh seafood and haggle for the prices.






















Watch This YouTube video of Seaside Seafood Market and Sis Seafood Palutuan:



After you buying your seafood, you then pick a restaurant where you can have it cooked.  I have been here several times and each time I come here, I choose a new restaurant to have my seafood cooked.  I do this to know which restaurant has the best cooking.  Today, I picked 'Sis Seafood Palutuan', which has good reviews among the restaurants in this place.











There is a cooking charge for every seafood you bring to the restaurant.  Price depends on how it was cooked and they charge by the kilo.  Prices are shown on the image above.  Today I bought shrimps, mud crabs (alimango), spanner crab (curacha), and slipper lobster.


Shrimp Tempura

Sweet Chili Spanner Crab and Slipper Lobster

Steamed Mud Crabs

Everything with a cup of Steamed Rice


Dining here at Seaside Seafood Market is better for groups as you'll probably ending up buying a lot like what I did.  Unfortunately for me, I just went in solo.  I guess, I'll just have them to go if I can't finish them.  They cooked all my seafood perfectly with just the right amount of flavors.  Sis Seafood Palutuan is open from 10:30AM to 11:00PM daily.  If you don't like to go to the wet market and buy the seafood on your own, the restaurant can buy it for you too.  Hey, but where's the fun in that? Right?  The strolling around the market seeing all the seafood and actual haggling of prices is a great experience itself.





Just look at those crabs (pic above) and all that crab meat and fat, it doesn't get any better than that!  This place is highly recommended if you are a seafood lover.  It simply just a seafood haven!


Sis Seafood Palutuan
Bldg. 1-3 Esplanade San Miguel by the Bay, Macapagal Blvd., Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines




My Rating:
Food/Taste:  9/10 (flavorful cooking and really fresh)
Ambiance:  7/10 (just a simple diner)
Cleanliness:  8/10 (fairly clean)
Service: 8/10 (friendly and helpful staff)
Establishment:  8/10 (easy to find with parking)
Price:  7/10 (seafood are on the pricey side plus you need to add cooking charges)
Overall: 7.83/10 

Frequency Meter:  I would dine here once a month


For more travel and food blogs, please visit:  http://haringlarga.blogspot.com/p/home.html



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this very informative and entertaining content.Hope you could visit our best restaurant in manila in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love to dine in that restaurant. The food is so delicious!
    And there is something you must also try at https://katunyings.com/ 😍

    Thanks for sharing this, Very Informative!

    ReplyDelete